BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 15, 2010

Halloween Fun



This Halloween outfit is just for fun, pure and simple. From the moment in the store I thought, "I can cut down that tutu for my dolls!" to the minute I finished trying the whole thing on Nellie, I've had fun. So - for those of you who like to play around with sewing - I bought tights and a tutu and cut them up to make this set. You can make at least 3 dolly tutus from one child's tutu, and at least 2 pair of doll tights from one pair of adult tights. Cut one foot 12" from the toe, slice it from the toe 8" up the middle, seam up & around your slice, and then put elastic at the waist. Poof! doll tights. Look darn cute, don't they? (If you have fray check - thanks to Linda for the help there - you can check all the edges to keep them from running.) I cut the tutu 4" from the ruffle and divided it into three pieces and used one of them. Put elastic at the waist and make a seam at the back. What you see here is one third of the tutu. Obviously, if you want a longer skirt for your doll - cut it longer than 4".

The blouse has a velcro opening in the back, the witchy hat has a band of iridescent ghosts on tulle, and I already told you about the tutu and tights. the adorable black patent shoes are by Sophia's ®

I hope no one buys it, but for $25.00, but if you insist, I'll send you the hat, mask, blouse, tutu, tights, shoes and pumpkin.

0 comments: